Humber Meadows Career Opportunities
Humber Meadows Long-Term Care Home (HMLTCH) is dedicated to creating a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees that is diverse, inclusive and equitable.
We are seeking qualified candidates that are compatible with our Mission, Vision, and Values towards creating a home-like environment for our residents, while providing high-quality care.
We strongly encourage all candidates to apply who share the same commitment, which can enable us to provide our residents with the best possible care. Humber Meadows welcomes applications from peoples of different colour, race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, and any other characteristics that define who you are.
Don’t see a particular job title? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached, and we’ll see if we can find the place for you.
Click HERE for a full-time opportunity to join our recreation team!
This position is an enhanced volunteer position; stipend for parking, travel and other needed items is given.
This position reports to the Director of Resident Programs and is responsible for helping to plan and coordinate with churches to facilitate spiritual care at Humber Meadows Long-Term Care. This position will work with Residents, families and staff to understand the spiritual needs of Residents and provide opportunities for enhances spiritual wellbeing.
- Work with recreation team members to ensure proper documenting of spiritual needs during the recreation assessment
- Conduct ongoing spiritual need assessments as required and/or work with interdisciplinary team members to have assessments conducted
- Work with the recreation team to plan and facilitate spiritual based programs in 1:1, small group and large group settings
- Assist with developing standards and procedures related to Spiritual Care within HMLTC
- Evaluate the effectiveness of spiritual programs and develop new initiatives as required to meet the needs of the residents
- Link residents to community spiritual, pastoral and religious services, and other resources
- Encourage and support community clergy to meet their role in supporting residents with accessing spiritual programming
- Assist with maintaining a list of volunteer clergy/chaplains/religious leaders
- Assist with educating staff and volunteers related to spiritual needs and programs
- Support the home’s mission, vision and values throughout all interactions
- Performs other related duties as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective interpersonal communication, facilitation, teamwork and supervisory skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural/religious diversity of residents and family members, volunteers and staff
- Ability to train and supervise volunteers including the ability to provide training in spiritual care to staff
- Ability to organize and lead interdisciplinary services
- Understanding of the needs of older adults including those with intellectual and physical disabilities
- Must have valid and clean Vulnerable Sector Check and clear TB skin test
Interested candidates please email your resume to Ashley Guay, Director of Resident Programs at email@example.com
Do you need a student placement, co-op or internship?
Want to explore what Humber Meadows and LTC has to offer?
Please email Ashley Guay, Director of Resident Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss potential opportunities!
Humber Meadows has a number of unique opportunities and will work with you to find a way to further support your learning – we look forward to hearing from you!