Humber Meadows Career Opportunities
Humber Meadows Long-Term Care Home (HMLTCH) is dedicated to creating a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees that is diverse, inclusive and equitable.
We are seeking qualified candidates that are compatible with our Mission, Vision, and Values towards creating a home-like environment for our residents, while providing high-quality care.
We strongly encourage all candidates to apply who share the same commitment, which can enable us to provide our residents with the best possible care. Humber Meadows welcomes applications from peoples of different colour, race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, and any other characteristics that define who you are.
Don’t see a particular job title? Send us an email at email@example.com with your resume attached, and we’ll see if we can find the place for you.
As a member of the HMLTC Leadership Team, you will report to the Executive Director and work in partnership with the Medical Director using a matrix management approach. Your role will involve sharing specialized knowledge through consultation and collaboration to improve resident outcomes and health care delivery for residents with medically complex needs.
Roles & Responsibility:
- Directs and supports Registered Staff in clinical matters
- Conducts in-depth comprehensive health assessments, completes holistic health histories, mental status, and physical examinations
- Collaborates with the physician and diagnoses acute health conditions, and may facilitate a diagnosis of chronic health conditions
- Diagnoses and participates in the management of human responses to actual and potential health problems in collaboration with the resident or Substitute Decision Maker (SDM), family and/or the interdisciplinary team
- Orders appropriate screening and diagnostic testing according to the scope of practice, interprets laboratory tests, reports of x-rays, ultrasounds and ECGs and makes clinical decisions accordingly
- Assists with the High Intensity Needs submissions
- Provides coaching/mentoring, quality improvement, research, and leadership within the Centre and collaborates with Nurse Practitioners across the Division
- Engages in and supports a therapeutic nurse-resident relationship that facilitates health and healing
- Serves as an active member of the internal and external committees on behalf of HMLTC
- Contributes to positive customer service with residents and families in day to day work
- Acts as a role model for nursing team members performing within the professional guidelines of College of Nurses, ensuring professional and respectful interactions with all stakeholders and interdisciplinary team members
- Works with the Medical Director and Attending Physicians on a regular basis
- Other related duties required or assigned
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, required
- Nurse Practitioner Graduate Program, required
- Post-graduate Nurse Practitioner certification for Palliative Care and Gerontological care, preferred
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class (Primary Health Care or Adult)
- CPR certification designed for health-care professionals and standard first aid
- Affiliation with Registered Nurse Association of Ontario (RNAO) or Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario (NPAO) with PLP or equivalent, preferred
- 3-5 years experience in geriatric or long-term care, rehabilitation, medical/surgical and wound care
Interested candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Full-Time Position has opened up! Interested?
Take a Peak HERE
This position is an enhanced volunteer position; stipend for parking, travel and other needed items is given.
This position reports to the Director of Resident Programs and is responsible for helping to plan and coordinate with churches to facilitate spiritual care at Humber Meadows Long-Term Care. This position will work with Residents, families and staff to understand the spiritual needs of Residents and provide opportunities for enhances spiritual wellbeing.
- Work with recreation team members to ensure proper documenting of spiritual needs during the recreation assessment
- Conduct ongoing spiritual need assessments as required and/or work with interdisciplinary team members to have assessments conducted
- Work with the recreation team to plan and facilitate spiritual based programs in 1:1, small group and large group settings
- Assist with developing standards and procedures related to Spiritual Care within HMLTC
- Evaluate the effectiveness of spiritual programs and develop new initiatives as required to meet the needs of the residents
- Link residents to community spiritual, pastoral and religious services, and other resources
- Encourage and support community clergy to meet their role in supporting residents with accessing spiritual programming
- Assist with maintaining a list of volunteer clergy/chaplains/religious leaders
- Assist with educating staff and volunteers related to spiritual needs and programs
- Support the home’s mission, vision and values throughout all interactions
- Performs other related duties as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective interpersonal communication, facilitation, teamwork and supervisory skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural/religious diversity of residents and family members, volunteers and staff
- Ability to train and supervise volunteers including the ability to provide training in spiritual care to staff
- Ability to organize and lead interdisciplinary services
- Understanding of the needs of older adults including those with intellectual and physical disabilities
- Must have valid and clean Vulnerable Sector Check and clear TB skin test
Interested candidates please email your resume to Ashley Guay, Director of Resident Programs at email@example.com
Join our team as a Full-Time RN on the day shift – click HERE
Join our team as a Part-Time RN on the day shift – click HERE
Join our team as a Part-Time RN on the evening shift – click HERE
Join our team as a Part-Time RN on the night shift – click HERE